skip to main content

What if the amount of support awarded under the new rules has gone down?

You can apply for help from our exceptional hardship fund if:

  • you were receiving Council Tax Support on 31 March 2024 and

  • the amount of your award has been reduced because of the new working-age scheme rules and

  • you are facing exceptional financial hardship as a result. 

This help is only available for this first year (2024/25) of the scheme and we will look to help those households adjust to pay the increased Council Tax.

To request payment under our Exceptional Hardship fund, please complete the online form.

Evidence to support all applications will be required and is detailed in the form.

Need help with your claim?

If you need help making your claim please call us on 01480 388308 and our advisers will help you with any questions you may have.