What is Huntingdonshire Undefeatables?
There are many benefits of being active when you have long-term health conditions.
Moving more can:
- help you look after your blood pressure, because high blood pressure means you’re more at risk of a range of health conditions, including diabetes complications
help to improve cholesterol (blood fats) to help protect against problems like heart disease
help you lose weight if you need to, and keep the weight off after you’ve lost it
give you energy and help you sleep
help your joints and flexibility
help your mind as well as your body - exercise releases endorphins, which you could think of as happy hormones. Being active is proven to reduce stress levels and improve low mood
help people with type 2 diabetes improve their HbA1c. In some cases, this can help people with the condition go into remission
- help people with type 2 diabetes by the body using insulin better by increasing insulin sensitivity.
It’s important to remember that being active is even more beneficial if you’re also making healthier food choices, not smoking and getting enough sleep.
What is the offer?
The offer is a discounted membership for a period of 9 months, which includes activities such as badminton (off-peak), indoor cycling, the gym, classes, and swimming, amongst other targeted activities delivered across One Leisure.
Adults (18 and over) can apply for the Undefeatables offer if all three of the following conditions are met:
you have been diagnosed with certain long-term health conditions, including:
- diabetes (type 1 and 2)
- non-diabetic hyperglycaemia
- lung conditions, including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- cancer and
- long-term depression/anxiety (6 months plus)
- you are currently inactive (doing less than 30 minutes of activity per week)
you have not been a pre-paid member of One Leisure for at least 2 years at the point of application.
To find out more read the Undefeatables Guidance for the Public [PDF, 0.2MB].
How do I apply?Complete the Application Form
How much does it cost?
£29 per month for 9 months
At the end of the 9 months you will automatically transfer to an Active Lifestyles membership at £33.50 per month. If you wish to cancel at this point, please contact One Leisure Direct and remember to cancel your Direct Debit with your bank.