Report air pollution
Anyone can make a report relating to smoke or odour that emerges from a property and affects residents to an unreasonable extent.Report Air Pollution
Air quality monitoring
Our Environmental Health team continually reviews and assesses air quality to make sure that traffic and industrial pollutants do not put public health at risk. This process involves air quality monitoring and pollutant dispersion modelling. If levels are found to above recognised public health standards, we will work with relevant parties to control and reduce levels.
There are four Air Quality Management Areas (AQMA) in the district:
We produce annual Air Quality Review and Assessment Reports and submit them to the government. Recent reports are available below - if you require any earlier reports please contact us.
- 2015 - Air Quality Annual Status Report
- 2014 - Air Quality Updating and Screening Assessment Report (incl Appraisal Report)
- 2013 - Air Quality Updating and Screening Assessment Report (incl Appraisal Report)
- 2012 - Air Quality Updating and Screening Assessment Report (incl Appraisal Report)
- 2011 - Air Quality Progress Report (incl Appraisal Report)