skip to main content

What is a housing association?

Housing associations are also known as registered social landlords (RSLs) and registered providers (RPs). They all need to be registered with the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA).

Housing association rents are lower than rents charged by private landlords for a similar property so that they are likely to be more affordable to people with lower incomes.

All RPs are subject to the same standards and address the same housing priorities.

A developer who is not an RP may be eligible to receive public funding to build affordable homes, but the homes must be managed by an RP when they are completed.

Housing associations in Huntingdonshire