skip to main content
Council Tax

The Council Tax you pay goes towards the cost of providing a wide range of services provided by Cambridgeshire County Council, Huntingdonshire District Council, Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority, the fire and police services.

Town and parish councils

Under the arrangement for Council Tax, town and parish councils issue a precept to the district council for their financial needs. This is paid from the district council's General Fund and is recovered by setting a Council Tax for each town/parish council based on its tax base.

The table below shows each town/parish precept for the previous year and the current year. It also shows the tax base (equated number of Band D properties) and consequent Band D tax for the current year. 

View the Town/Parish Precepts

When local councils ask for more than £140,000 from their council taxpayers they must provide more detail of their spending plans. View further financial analysis of town and parish council expenditure [XLSX, 22KB].

HDC Budget and spending

View information on budget and spending [PDF, 1MB] [PDF, 0.1MB]

Council Tax explanatory notes

Council Tax helps to pay for a wide range of local services like policing and refuse collection. It applies to all domestic properties, including houses, bungalows, flats, maisonettes, mobile homes and houseboats, whether owned or rented.

There is one bill per property, whether it is owned or rented. The people who live in the property will normally have to pay the Council Tax.

Understanding Your Council Tax Bill [PDF, 0.5MB]

Council Tax instalment scheme

Your bill is normally paid over ten monthly instalments, but there is an option to pay over twelve months. If you would rather pay over twelve months please complete and submit the online form or contact us.

View further information about:

Further information and contact details

Huntingdonshire District Council

Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Fire Authority

Hinchingbrooke Cottage, Brampton Road, Huntingdon, PE29 2NA

Cambridgeshire Police and Crime Commissioner

Cambridgeshire County Council

Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority