Event Safety Advisory Group
We consider the safety of the public at organised events to be a priority and as such we play an active role in the Event Safety Advisory Group (ESAG).
What is the ESAG?
The ESAG is an advisory body comprising key representatives from relevant organisations. Its purpose is to offer advice to event organisers to promote public safety at events within the district. ESAG examines the safety aspects of events so they can proceed in a safe way.
Your event and what you need to consider
If you are organising an event you will be legally responsible for the safety and wellbeing of people attending and working at the event. The key to a successful event is to start your planning process as early as possible.
Below is a list of relevant links to consider when event planning:
- Working Safely During Coronavirus- GOV.UK
- COVID Risk Assessment - HSE
- Event Industry Forum
- HOT Principles [PDF, 0.2MB]
- Temporary Traffic Signs for Special Events – Department of Transport
- Running an Event or party on HDC Land
- The Purple Guide
- The Green Guide – Sporting Events
- Understanding Crowd Behaviours - GOV.UK
- Organising a Voluntary Event – GOV.UK
- Fire Safety Risk Assessment: Open-Air Events and Venues – GOV.UK
- National Counter Terrorism Security Office – GOV.UK
- Street Party – GOV.UK
- Bomb Threat – GOV.UK
- Terrorist Attack – GOV.UK
- Guidance on Running Events Safely – HSE
- Temporary demountable structures – HSE
- Managing Crowds Safely – HSE
- List of Publications – HSE
- SIA, Security at Events – Home Office
- Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructures
- Mass Gathering Risk Assessment Tool [PDF, 0.7MB]
- CLSCB Safeguarding Children Young People at Events - Guidance for Best Practice [PDF, 0.9MB]
- Public Health Advice for Public Events during the Enhanced Response Area [PDF, 0.3MB]
What happens next?
Once you have considered all the above links, you will now need to notify us of the event.
Below is a checklist of the main documents that are required:
- HDC SAG notification form [DOCX, 53Kb]
- Events Management Plan [EMP] [DOCX, 0.3MB]
- Any Risk Assessments
- Site Plan
- Copy of Insurance
- Noise Management Plan
- Traffic Management Plan
- Any Policies
- Medical Plan
Once we have received your documents, they will be circulated to ESAG members. We will contact the organisers with any queries and questions. If necessary, we will invite the organisers to attend an ESAG meeting to discuss their proposals with ESAG members.