Shared CCTV Scheme

We are in a Shared Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) Scheme with Cambridge City Council.

Our aim is to prevent crime and anti-social behaviour, provide residents and businesses with protection and make the district a safer place to live, work and visit.

The scheme:

  • monitors 254 cameras across the district, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year

  • covers Cambridge City, the town centres of Huntingdon, Godmanchester, Ramsey, St Ives, St Neots and Yaxley, and the recreation centres in Huntingdon and St Ives

  • monitors pictures from remotely activated cameras at Stilton, the Priory Park Sports Pavilion in St. Neots and a CCTV camera at the Alconbury Weston ford to assess river levels and potential flooding

  • works closely with Huntingdonshire Business Against Crime and Cambridge Business Against Crime to help reduce shop-related and night-time economy crime

  • allows live images to be sent to the Cambridgeshire Constabulary Communication Centre.

Camera Locations

How we manage CCTV records

All information is recorded onto digital hard drives and kept for a maximum of 28 days. During this time the police may apply for access to the images for investigatory purposes.

Photographs obtained from the recorded images are only produced to help identify offenders and are destroyed when no longer required.

How you can request copies of footage

Third parties

Organisations and agencies, such as insurance companies and solicitors, may apply for access to recorded data.
Release of such data is considered on a request by request basis. There is a fee of at least £100 and this will be calculated based on the data required.

Organisations wishing to apply for such data should do so by emailing the CCTV manager at or telephoning 01480 388388.


If you want to request CCTV footage in relation to damage to your car or property then please report the incident to your insurance company and/or the police. They will then obtain the relevant footage as per the third parties section above.

If you are an individual who wants to request CCTV footage of yourself, then you should make a Subject Access Request. This costs £10.

Once received, we will review your request and respond to you, either setting out the steps we are going to take to make the date available or the reasons for refusal.

We can charge an extra fee to cover the costs of fulfilling a request.

GOV.UK: Guidance on Requesting CCTV Footage of Yourself

‘Bird’s Eye View’ newsletter

We publish a quarterly ‘Bird’s Eye View’ newsletter that provides information and statistics on incidents which the CCTV team have been involved with.

How do I make a complaint?

You can make a complaint about the Shared CCTV Scheme by emailing or in writing to:

Head of Community (CCTV)
Huntingdonshire District Council
Pathfinder House
St. Mary's Street
PE29 3TN